Discover the best places where to eat in Milan and get the best of your Summer in Italy. Check our Private Walking Tour for a complete Food Experience!
If you are planning to visit Milan on August, you should know that a lot of places are closed for summer holidays. However, don’t panic!
Here’s a guide to taste the Italian flavors in summer and what to eat in Milan.
Italian Ice Cream
Milan on summer is very hot and sunny, so why don’t you start with a typical Italian icecream (we call it Gelato)?
What makes gelato so special?
- Ingredients like milk and fruit are fresh
- It’s lower in fat (3,5% instead 10% of American’s)
- It’s more dense and tasty
Pasta & Pizza
Thanks to the nice season, most of the restaurants in Milan have tables covered by umbrellas right on the street.
Walking around the historical center, you will see people eating our typical dishes like
- Risotto alla milanese (rice cooked in a broth with a creamy consistency)
- Prosciutto e Melone (cantalupe and dry-cured ham)
- Caprese (Tomato salad with mozzarella and oregan)
and of course Pizza!
From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Italians use to take an aperitivo: it’s an alcoholic/non-alcoholic drink served with a small amount of food like olives, crisps, nuts, cheese, sauce dips, little quiches or similar snacks.
It’s the perfect occasion to relax after a day of work and meet some friends.
However some of this pubs are closed on August, that’s why we searched for you some nice places to eat in Milan and have an aperitivo on summer:
- La Scamperia – Fish food
- Rotonda Bistro – Creative aperitivo
- Armani Bamboo Bar – Stylish and luxury experience
- Sky Terrace – Amazing panorama from the historical center